Human Resources Director ∙ International Human Resources ∙ Sr HR Business Partner
- Influential, visionary and strategic HR professional with 15+ years of experience. Deep understanding of the means and motivation of growing and developing robust talent and leadership toward achieving an organization’s mission and goals.
- Proactive, organized, and highly resourceful in building and managing fully operational HR departments with end to end administrative infrastructure, HRIS systems and business practices.
- Operations and compliance. Earning trust and exceeding customer service for employees, managers and executive partners; building and implementing compliance and organizational training.
- Present a skill set that combines HR leadership, engaging communication talents with experience in change and project management.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
State, Federal, International Law Savvy Tech Skills (HRIS) Change Management
Talent Management Performance Management Workforce Planning
Global HR Management Culture & Diversity Start-Up/ M& A
Cross-Functional Projects Strong Communication & Writing Policies & Processes
Program and HR Director, Dallas, TX August 2019-present
CLiffHouse Media, Mad Peaches Medical Spa, Unlock Your Talents
- Organizational business development for media company;
- Organized and implemented online training, onboarding, and operational workflows for medical spa
- Administrator in setting and developing organizational workflow operations on Confluence/Jira, and Google Suite
Senior HR Director, Social Solutions International, Rockville, Maryland June 2018-July 2019
Consulting -Global Health Initiatives
Firm scaled from 50 to 300 +employees-received a 250MUSAID contract ( Global Health Initiative); Under the VP of HR, assisted in end-to-end operational workflows and practices; recruited international talent, ex-pat deployments, and handled all employee relations and performance management. Responsible for HR management and employee relations in South Africa, Tanzania, and Liberia.
- Building accountability and influencing -gained 30% manager responsiveness for employee relations issues; gained a 11-13% responsiveness on performance management;
- Using research, networking and negotiating skills, vetted a local South Africa PEO resulting in a 60% cost savings to the company;
- Relational and super HR field supporter for the establishment and running of field office in Tanzania;
- Overcomer and love a challenge- implemented and executed sensitive time-line procedures for onboarding and deploying ex-patriates on USAID contracts.
Head of Human Resources, Kimetrica International, Denver, Colorado May 2015 -June 2017
Consulting-Agra-economics and Data Warehouse Management
Accomplished a streamlined and cohesive HR strategy and talent management for international human resource services, policies, and programs for USAID and NGO clients. Managed three HR offices, two international offices in Nairobi, Kenya and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and Denver, Colorado. Managed a team of HR Specialists.
- Using creative cost opportunities and a MacGyver approach– built a complete full-cycle HR information system on a project-based platform. Worked with department directors in organizing their systems;
- Turned a slow-moving recruitment practice into a well-oiled recruiting machine- 30-45-day turnaround with processes for attraction, recruitment and retention of top talent globally/domestically; negotiated international contracts;
- Disrupted the old performance management model- with CEO, created a project and AGILE based model; and
- Found the Pythagorean of international compensation– organizing and adapting pay structures tied to several factors for international locals, ex-pat and US based-pay levels.
HR Business Partner, Pivot3, Inc., Austin, Texas March 2012 – September 2014
Software/Hardware for converged data storage and security
Restructured and implemented HR practices for multi-site, venture capital-supported companies. The HR department was clunky with huge gaps of legal and contract compliances. Whipped the department into shape and improved employee communication within the organization
- Gained 30% work productivity and employee responsiveness through HR restructure;
- Bringing the silos together- directed multi-sites, remote employees, and international contractors; and
- Looking in all the right places- reduced expenses of outside recruitment firms for competitive software talent.
Organizational Change Management, Compassion International contract
Colorado-Springs, Colorado May 2011- February 2012
Global non-profit children’s & family services for underserved in developing countries
In a bold move, the VP of Asia calls for a fruit basket turnover- major restructure and reorganization of eight country offices and two major administrative centers, with all employees vying for new jobs. HR Director selected me to take on a comprehensive, cross-functional change implementation plan for the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. Successfully impacted and influenced Asia staff through consultative communication in a highly sensitive organizational restructure.
Senior IT Recruiter Improved recruitment responsiveness and fulfillment by 18%
Human Resources Director, Eight Northern Indian Pueblos Council, Inc.
Santa Fe, New Mexico November 2008 – August 2010
Tribal consortium for social services
Eight tribes and multi-sites made this an HR challenge! Using a culture-sensitive approach and communicative skills built positive relations and strong support for managers and directors. Traveled regularly to all sites, meeting with employees and directors. Inherited a broken HR system, streamlined HR processes created orientation, and trained managers in less than 6 months; reduced attrition by 33%.
Human Resources Director, IVP Care
Dallas, Texas March 1998– August 2004
Nationwide pharmacy for IVF Drugs
Built HR department and employee company culture. Scaled workforce by 60% with a new outside sales department.
- MBA program Project Management course, University of California
- MA Communications & Creative Writing, University of Texas
- BBS Behavioral Sciences & Communications, Hardin-Simmons University
- PHR Certificate Professional Human Resources (PHR), Human Resources Certification
COMPUTER SKILLS AND LANGUAGES
- HRIS/ERP: ICMS®, Podio®, Box®, UltiproSoftware®, Kenexa,® SharePoint®, People Now®, Nexternal®, Big Commerce®; Boolean string search; NetSuite®; Salesforce®; Navax®
- Organizational Management: Prosci®, ADKAR, DISC, Gallup Strength Finders®
- Project Management: Confluence & Jira®, SwiftKanBan®, Lucid Chart®, Monday.com®, and MS Excel (v-lookups, pivot, Gantt charts), MS Team
- Copy and Social Media: Adobe®, MS Suite® Mac proficient, Google Suite, social media networking (LinkedIn, Yammer), WordPress®, KEAP Infusion software®
COUNTRIES WORKED IN
USA, Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Pacific-Asia, and Europe.
Lutheran Refugee Services-lead a team bi-monthly in integrating refugees